<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I love Tony McPeak 
It's not often I fall for generals. I have a negative reaction to so much of America glorifying militarism. But I have to admit I've long had a weak spot for the salty General Merrill "Tony" McPeak, former chief of staff of the US Air Force, now retired. One week into the Iraq war, he gave a bracingly honest of assessment of how it was going and where we most likely were headed, including one of the most hilarious dismissals of the claims about Saddam's "WMD" I've ever read. {"This reminds me of the story about the guy who said, 'If I had some ham, I'd make a ham sandwich -- if I had some bread.'")

Today, in response to Karl Rove claiming that John Kerry had "tarnished" fellow Vietnam veterans with his anti-war protests, Tony the Tiger exploded:

"Who in the hell is Karl Rove, talking about John Kerry's war record?!?!?!?!?"

The General pointed out Rove never even served in Vietnam. He got a student deferment.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?