<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Liberal Media my ass

The lead story on the front page of today's Star-Ledger (dead-tree edition) is headlined 'Duel In Davenport' - about Goerge Bush and John Kerry campaigning in Iowa within blocks of each other. Pictures of the candidates take up much of the front page.

I can't imagine anyone making a serious claim that the Star-Ledger is a "conservative" paper, but nonetheless their front page demonstrates the kind of subliminal pro-Bush bias that most of the So Called Liberal Media has. Bush's picture is above the fold, while Kerry's is below. Sitting in a pile at a newstand, or in a vending machine, you see only George Bush's face. A small point, to be sure, but it would have been more balanced, and more honest, to put the candidates' pictures side-by-side.

I'll admit that, had Kerry's picture been above Bush's I either wouldn't have noticed or, if I had, I would have been happy about it, but that's the point - I AM biased. I'm NOT a journalist. The staff at the Star-Ledger are supposed to be professional reporters, not partisan shills. They rig the game in small and often not-so-small ways, and then protest their innocence.

It's little, but it pisses me off.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?