<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 20, 2007

It's all about messaging 
Continuing, if I may, on my Chris Dodd mini-infatuation.

Sure, as Avedon points out, Dodd's going nowhere as a presidential candidate - I called him a second-tier candidate, and that was being generous. Up to yesterday I hadn't felt the least bit inclined to give any of the candidates any money, but Chris Dodd's actions got me to haul my wallet out, for him, without a moment's hesitation. If we tell (and, more importantly, show) the other candidates that we love what Dodd is doing, that there is, as Avedon calls it, a "constituency for the Constitution," and said constituency can muster both influence and money, they are much more likely to move (however creakily) in the direction we want need them to go.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?